If you are suffering from a damaged tooth and have little time to deal with it, getting a CEREC same-day crown may be the most suitable solution for you. Dental crowns, in general, can help restore and maintain the appearance and sturdiness of a tooth. CEREC crowns, however, are made from durable ceramic and are developed and designed using computer-assisted technology.
Here at Sunset Dental Care in Patchogue, NY, our general dentists, Dr. Debra Oreste and Dr. Jyoti Aggarwal, commonly use same-day dental crowns for restoring and strengthening a weakened tooth.
Understanding The CEREC Dental Crown Procedure
The installation process of CEREC crowns generally entails the following steps:
- You will be instructed to open your mouth widely so that your dentist could capture digital images of the tooth that requires a crown.
- A digital model of your tooth is then created with the use of CAD/CAM technology to capture the images and develop a digital representation of your tooth.
- The 3D printer will process the digital model and create the crown from ceramic, in just 15 easy minutes.
- Your general dentist in Patchogue, NY, will then polish the newly made dental crown and fit it inside your mouth.
Why Should You Get CEREC Dental Crowns?
CEREC dental crowns can offer you various advantages such as the following:
- Fix your tooth in just one day. This may be one of the best advantages that CEREC dental crowns offer. In only one appointment, your dentist could immediately provide you with a dental crown that appears real and appealing, just like your original tooth.
- A simple tooth restoration procedure. If you have a tooth that is broken because of a missing filling or a small crack, a CEREC dental crown could be just right for you, as it isn’t an overly complicated and extensive procedure.
- No more messy dental impressions. The procedure for getting a CEREC dental crown doesn’t involve the use of silicon trays to copy the alignment of your teeth. Instead, with the help of computer-aided design (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM), your dentist will capture optical representations of your tooth and jaw, develop a crown, and then prepare that crown for installation.
- They are extremely durable. Despite the fact that the procedure takes a single visit, CEREC dental crowns can last a long time, as they are made out of sturdy porcelain.
- They appear just like your natural teeth. CEREC dental crowns are created to look precisely like your original teeth with the use of porcelain that is shaded to match their color. Furthermore, CEREC dental crowns can likewise provide you with more control over your crown’s exact shade.
Interested in CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns? Give Us a Call
Call (631) 475-6444 to schedule a consultation with one of our general dentists here at Sunset Dental Care in Patchogue, NY, Dr. Debra Oreste and Dr. Jyoti Aggarwal, today.